Register now for immediate access to this program.Register Now
$75 for Non-Members
May 9, 2019
Texas Society of Association Executives
Health and Wellness
It is estimated that stress is responsible for 60-90% of doctor's visits and, one million workers miss work each day because of stress, costing companies $602 per employee per year, according the American Institute of Stress. Stress affects memory, cognitive function, decision-making, ability to take responsibility for our actions and risk taking.
It is imperative that we recognize that stress is not the problem - it's our reaction to our stress and we can learn to control it. Acquire cutting edge self-care techniques - affirmations, visualization, mindfulness techniques and mini-meditations - that you can do on your own for better health. Some can be practiced for long-term benefit and others are perfect for an ‘in-the-moment’ event. Dr. Gruver will share her decades of experience and you will walk away inspired to make positive changes in your life.
During this seminar we will discuss:
- Recognize the emotional, physical and behavioral signs of stress.
- Examine current research on meditation, positive self-talk and visualization and how it can be incorporated into your workday to improve health outcomes and decrease stress.
- Learn a simple technique, known as a mini-meditation, to stop the stress response in its tracks.
- Understand how you can use your thoughts and words to boost immune function and increase reaction time, cognitive function, memory and decision-making.
- Discover how to incorporate mindfulness into your day even if you think you don’t have time.
Program Titles and Supporting Materials
This program contains the following components:
If applicable, you may obtain credit in multiple jurisdictions simultaneously for this program (see pending/approved list below). If electing credit for this program, registrants in jurisdictions not listed below will receive a Certificate of Completion that may or may not meet credit requirements in other jurisdictions. Where applicable, credit will be only awarded to a paid registrant completing all the requirements of the program as determined by the selected accreditation authority.
How to Attend
Join the self-paced program from your office, home, or hotel room using a computer and high speed internet connection. You may start and stop the program at your convenience, continue where you left off, and review supporting materials as often as you like. Please note: Internet Explorer is no longer a supported browser. We recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari for best results.
You may access this course on a computer or mobile device with high speed internet (iPhones require iOS 10 or higher). Recommended browsers are Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.